Pretty Amazing and Easy Rocky Roads
- 9 tablespoons soft butter
- 10 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- ¼ cup golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 8 ounces rich tea biscuits ( I use Tennis biscuits, a coconut biscuit)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup or light corn syrup in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of biscuits.
- Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows.
- Tip into a foil tray (24cm / 9 inch square); flatten as best you can with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 24 fingers and dust with confectioners’ sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.