Pancakes, African Style
4 Extra Large Eggs
4 Cups Cake Flour
4t Baking Powder
1 Cup Sunflower Oil
5 Cups Water
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
Makes approximately 30 large pancakes.
1. Beat eggs very well until foamy
2. Sieve dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
3. Mix water and oil
4. Alternating, add the egg mixture and the water mixture to the dry ingredients
5. Set aside for 1/2 an hour
6. Add white vinegar just before baking pancakes Batter must be runny. Add a 1/4 cup of water if your batter is too thick.
7. Ladle spoonful of batter in a non stick pan. Tilt the pan when you pour the batter in, to spread it out all over the pan.
8. Once the pancake batter starts pulling away from the sides, with bubbles in the batter on top, it’s ready to flip and cook for a few more seconds. Serve with cinnamon sugar or any other delicious filling.