The Best Ever Chocolate Fondant Cake
1 Cup Dark Chocolate, chopped (70% Cocoa works and tastes the best)
1 Cup Salted Butter
4 Extra Large Eggs
10 Tablespoons White Castor Sugar
10 Tablespoons Cake Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 390F/200C and grease and line with baking paper a round 8” cake tin
2. Melt butter and chocolate on defrost setting in microwave until melted. Do not boil.
3. Beat together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
4. Add melted chocolate mixture to egg mixture and blend well
5. Sieve flour,baking powder and salt and fold into chocolate mixture (do not overmix)
6. Spoon in prepared cake tin and bake for 12-14 minutes ( cake will still be jiggling in the middle)
7. Remove from oven and let it cool down in the cake tin.
8. Place in fridge to set
9. An hour before serving, remove from fridge, remove cake from the cake tin and let it rest until serving. Top with fresh berries, chocolate shavings and serve with cream or ice cream.