Perfect Quiche Recipe
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup softened Butter
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped or sliced
1 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup grated White cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh herbs (chives,parsley), chopped
1. Place the flour, butter and grated cheese in a food processor and mix together until a ball of dough forms and cleanly leaves the sides of the bowl.
2. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.Roll out dough, and place in a 9 inch pie/quiche pan. Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Line base and sides with baking paper. Fill with rice or dried beans ( this stops pastry rising during cooking).
4. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove baking paper and rice/ beans before filling.
1. Fry the bacon and mushrooms until cooked. Set aside
2. Mix together the eggs, milk, sour cream, lemon juice and cheese
3. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste
4. Spoon the bacon and mushrooms ( or any other filling you want) into the prepared crust
5. Slowly pour over the egg mixture
6. Bake for a further 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked