Best Baked Cheesecake
1 1/2 cup Coconut Biscuits/ Graham Cracker, crumbed
1/3 cup melted Butter
500ml (2 Cup) Sour Cream
4 x 250g Tubs Smooth Cream Cheese ( room temperature)
2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
1 cup White Sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
4 Large Eggs, separated
5ml (1t) Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
2. Crumb biscuits in a food processor and add melted butter. Mix well
3. Using a spoon, layer crumb mixture in large 10 inch springform pan. I use the back of the spoon to get the crumbs all nice and smooth and just cover the base.
4. Place in fridge until needed
5. Make the filling by adding all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, except the egg whites
7. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the cream cheese mixture
6. Blend till mixed. Do not over mix!
8. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes
9. Switch off stove and leave cheesecake in oven to cool.
10. Serve with fresh berries or with this delicious condensmilk lemon topping.